How Do I…

General  |  Licenses & Permits  |  Ordinances  |  Property Tax  |  Public Works


How do I obtain and review public documents and records?

City of Lakeside Park, City Clerk, 9 Buttermilk Pike, Lakeside Park, KY 41017.  Open Records request forms can be found by Clicking HERE

What are the rules on garage sales?

Applications can be obtained HERE  and submitted to the City Building for issuance; no fee.  Garage sale ordinance can be viewed here:  Ordinance 7-2017 Garage Sales


How do I dispose of paint?

Paint should be dried out and disposed of with your regular trash. Take the lid off to dry it out, add kitty litter to speed up the process, keep the lid off when you place out for the trash so the hauler knows it is dry.  

How do I dispose of household hazardous waste?

Items are accepted at a variety of locations and events throughout the year. Visit the Northern Kentucky Household Hazardous Waste Action Coalition website at for information.  Kenton County Public Works has a monthly cleanup contact them at 859-392-1920 for more information.

How do I contact the fire department?

The city contracts with the Fort Mitchell Fire/EMS Department to provide fire safety.  Emergency number is 911.

Non-emergency dispatch number is  859-356-3191;

Fire Administration 859-331-1267 or visit

Who do I contact for police issues and questions?

The city contracts with the Lakeside Park – Crestview Hills Police Department to provide public safety.  The Emergency number is 911.

Non-emergency dispatch number is  859-356-3191

Administrative Office 859-331-5368

or visit

Who do I contact in regards to Emergency Medical Services (EMS) bills?

Contact Click HERE

for questions regarding EMS bills.

When so I find out about City Council?

City Council meets the Second Monday of each month at 7:00 P.M. at the City Building.

View the City Council Page for more information – Click HERE

How do I set up garbage/recycling service?

Garbage & Recycling fee is included in property tax bill.  Pickup day is Thursday’s.  Bins may be set out after 5 PM on Wednesday’s and put away by 9 AM on Friday’s. Large item pickup is the first Saturday in June.

Please contact Best Way Disposal 859-372-4900 or visit their website HERE.

Click HERE for Recycling 101 information.

How do I contact Animal Control:

Animal Control

24/7 Animal Control: 859-356-3191

If an animal is roaming the neighborhood, being walked without a leash, excessively barking, not being cleaned up after, or attacking another animal or person, you must call while it’s taking place and notify Kenton County Animal Control at 859-356-3191.

Kenton County Animal Control does NOT remove wild animals such as; squirrels, raccoons, opossums, rats, etc. You must contact a private company to handle wild animal issues.

How can I report unsightly property/tall grass/junk vehicles?

You can report suspected violations by calling (859) 331-8980. Citizens may also email a complaint to

Please Note: All complaints are prioritized as they are received; public safety issues will take priority over all other matters.

How do I run for office?

Please visit: Secretary of State and Requirements


How do I obtain an occupational license?

Contact Kenton County at (859) 392-1440 or click here.

How do I obtain a building permit?

A building permit may be obtained by contacting the Planning Development Services of Kenton County (PDS) at (859) 331-8980 or visit

How do I obtain an Solicitor license?

Click HERE  for a solicitor application.


Where do I view the City Ordinances:

To see the latest Ordinances – Click HERE

To see all Ordinances – Click Here


Where do I view the Zoning Ordinances:

To see Zoning Ordinances – Click HERE



How do I view property tax information?
Who determines the tax value on my property?
How do I get on the PVA’s email list?

In its ongoing efforts to provide exceptional customer service and communicate more effectively and efficiently with the property owners of Kenton County, the Property Valuation Office is establishing an “Email Announcement Program”.  If you would like to receive future email announcements from the PVA Office relative to the assessment of property, please sign up on the PVA’s  website at

When are real estate property taxes due and how can I pay them?

Property taxes are due December 31st and will be assessed a penalty of 10% plus interest of 12% per annum from January 1 until paid plus the cost of collection.  Taxes may be paid in person at the City Building or placed in the drop box located next to the front door of the City Building.  Payments may be mailed to the City of Lakeside Park, 9 Buttermilk Pike, Lakeside Park, Kentucky 41017.  If paying by mail and you wish to have a receipt, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for us to mail a receipt back to you.  Further, the mail must be postmarked on or before December 31st to avoid delinquent penalties and interest. Garbage/Recycling fee is included with the real estate property tax bill.  You can view tax information here:

How do I apply for the Homestead/Disability Property Tax Exemption?

The Homestead Exemption (HEX)/ Disability Exemption (DEX) is deter­mined every two years by the General Assembly to reflect increases in the cost of living.  The amount of the exemption (assess­ment reduction) is $36,900. For additional information, please visit Kenton County PVA at or call 859-392-1750.


Who do I contact about street problems?

Contact the City Building and speak to the City Clerk. 

Phone: 859-341-6670


Who do I contact about sanitation/sewer problems?

You will need to contact the Sanitation District #1 (859) 578-7450 or via the SD1 website

How do I report a problem with a traffic signal or street light?

Contact the City Building at 859-341-6670 who will determine the responsible utility/party and report the problem.

How do I report a pothole?

 Call the city building at 859-341-6670 or email